God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, June 5, 2010

We have been having much frustration with our internet service. Today the guy is here to put up a new tower and to replace the antenna. He assures us that we will be "happy as heck" when they are done. Considering how unhappy we have been, I hope the happiness factor is in direct proportion.

Even though I haven't posted regularly, I am still plugging along with getting the house decluttered. My sister-in-law dropped in the other day and I was able to show her the new bathroom without wanting to drop off the face of the earth from embarrassment.

The dungeon is slowly being put into shape. I have to work in very small 15 minute increments in order not to be discouraged. When I get the dungeon de-cluttered, I hope to be able to use the big table down there. Howard told me if I get the basement cleaned up, he'll help with the ceiling and lighting. That would be so cool. I think we have the water issues mostly solved. We're still waiting for the cabinet guys so we can put in the sink.


I took home a couple of quilt tops from church yesterday. The Quilt Group is sadly behind and I feel bad that I haven't had time to do much. Tonight after church I will layer top, batting, and backing and pin it so I can put the binding on. I don't have a good, big, surface to spread it out so I'll do it in the meeting room.

Evening update:
Well, the high speed internet was very nice while it lasted. We're down again. It has to be our equipment because everyone else is up and running.

Word of the day:
Saturday of the Ninth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Boniface, Bishop and Martyr (+754) - Memorial
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 12:38-44.


In the course of his teaching Jesus said, "Beware of the scribes, who like to go around in long robes and accept greetings in the marketplaces, seats of honor in synagogues, and places of honor at banquets. They devour the houses of widows and, as a pretext, recite lengthy prayers. They will receive a very severe condemnation." He sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, "Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood."

No comments: