God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chatted a bit online with our new pastor last night. He suggested I go to Mass in Beal City and get a feel for how he offers Mass. I was feeling a little nervous and unprepared for the changes to come. Fr. David celebrates Mass a lot like Fr. Blyman so I'm feeling a little calmer. I was surprised at the number of people who were at St. Joseph the Worker. I hope we get that kind of a turnout for daily Mass at St. Mary's.

Didn't get a lot done yesterday, but it was a good day because it was a Madison day. I think she's cutting teeth again because she wanted to be held a lot. Grandma is always glad to oblige. I got my candles poured yesterday, and some simmer scents packaged. I am finishing the binding on another prayer quilt and have worked on some squares for a new one.

I have a funeral to go to this morning for one of my favorite parishioners from St. Vincent. I'm sad for Bonnie. This is going to be so hard for her.



Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Twelfth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Etheldreda, abbess (7th century)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 7:15-20.


Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them.

No comments: