God Bless Our Troops

Monday, July 26, 2010

It's just another slow summer Monday. My little buddy Madison is here and making me laugh with her antics. First she found the newspaper and tore that up into pieces to hand to me. Then she brought me a big bottle of 7-up. Now she is making her scary face that her Grandpa Fockler taught her.


**********************
Poor little Madison was sorely in need of a nap. She was a little cranky pants because she wouldn't take a nap this morning. She practically fell asleep in the high chair. I tried to do the Super Nanny thing of putting her on the couch and then putting her back on the couch when she got off the couch. After 30 rounds of this, I just picked her up and rocked her to sleep. She slept in Grandpa's chair for about an hour.  Only a baby could sleep like this. 



Word of the day:
Monday of the Seventeenth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : Sts. Joachim & Anne, Parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary - memorial
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 13:31-35.

He proposed another parable to them. "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that a person took and sowed in a field. It is the smallest of all the seeds, yet when full-grown it is the largest of plants. It becomes a large bush, and the 'birds of the sky come and dwell in its branches.'" He spoke to them another parable. "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed with three measures of wheat flour until the whole batch was leavened." All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables. He spoke to them only in parables, to fulfill what had been said through the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables, I will announce what has lain hidden from the foundation (of the world)."

No comments: