God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First of all, Happy Birthday to my wonderful daughter-in-law, Kelli. I hope you have an awesome day.

Sighhhhhhhh - I do not do well with heat and humidity. We don't have air conditioning - except for one small unit in the front hall which cools the hallway, but not much else.

I've been working on Christmas stockings, and prayer quilts, but I can't be in the quilt room very long before I just can't take the heat. In another month, I start making the fudge for our fall craft shows. I'm pretty well caught up on soap. I do need to grunge some lamps and some jars.

Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Seventeenth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : Sts. Nazarius and Celsus, Martyrs (1st century), St. Victor, Pope and Martyr († 198)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 13:44-46.


The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it.

No comments: