God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Monday nights are soapmaking nights. I didn't do it last week so last night I made a batch raspberry jasmine spice. All went well. To back up a little, when I make soap I use a Cold Process/Oven Process method. After putting the soap in the molds, I put it in a 170 degree oven for 2 hours. Normally I will set the oven to turn off after two hours and then I leave the mold in there overnight. This morning I got up to hear the timer beeping. My stove timer will beep every 2 minutes after the time is up. The stove had been beeping every 2 minutes all night long. I hadn't set the stove to turn off, I had only set the timer. So . . . the soap sat in a 170 degree oven - not 2 hours, but all night. But the soap looks fine!

I haven't gotten a lot of business stuff done this week due to VBS. Last night I received an order for 3 stockings from Etsy so I need to get those done and then next week, I get back on track with Moeggenborg Sugar Bush stuff.



Word of the day:
Saint Lawrence, deacon and martyr - Feast
Today the Church celebrates : St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr († 258)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 12:24-26.


Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will preserve it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will honor whoever serves me.

No comments: