God Bless Our Troops

Monday, August 16, 2010

You know, I often wondered just how I was able to get so much done when I had 4 small kids. I did it all - I cooked and baked from scratch, I made all of their clothes, I shopped with coupons, and I ran a small business. Now I'm finding out. When you are working around kids, you need to be organized and flexible. The last few years I fell into a routine. That has been changed up - in a good way. I am much more focused on what I need to get done. Here is what today's schedule looks like:

I have Madison until around 5:00. She is helping me with,
laundry,
taxes,
cleaning,
bill paying
music organization (funeral tomorrow)
cookie baking (I made the dough on Saturday - planning ahead is a good thing.)

While Madison is napping I am making Christmas stockings.

Then the parish manager called about prayer quilts. So, tonight I will be making prayer quilt sandwiches.





 
Word of the day:
Monday of the Twentieth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Stephen of Hungary (977-1038)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 19:16-22.


Now someone approached him and said, "Teacher, what good must I do to gain eternal life?" He answered him, "Why do you ask me about the good? There is only One who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." He asked him, "Which ones?" And Jesus replied, " 'You shall not kill; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness; honor your father and your mother'; and 'you shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" The young man said to him, "All of these I have observed. What do I still lack?" Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to (the) poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this statement, he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

No comments: