God Bless Our Troops

Monday, September 6, 2010

If feels like Fall. I love Fall. It's time to break out the apple scents and the apple decor. It's time to fill the house with the wonderful smells of baked goods. Did I mention that I love fall???

Today it is raining so Harold and Howard decided it was time to put in the sink down in the dungeon! I am so excited. It's in, but the water is turned off at the moment because they have to replace a leaking pipe. It will be so nice to be able to make my soap down there instead of running up and down the stairs for the lye, the oils, the fragrance, the coloring etc. I can keep all of my equipment in one place. I can't wait!!


Today is laundry day, bill day, quilting day (haven't quilted in a long time).  I want start some mini Fall quilts to take along to our quilting retreat in a few weeks.

I baked a large batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, got a workout in, got the laundry started and now on to the rest of the house so I can spend the evening quilting



Word of the day:
Monday of the Twenty-third week in Ordinary Time
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 6:6-11.


On another sabbath he went into the synagogue and taught, and there was a man there whose right hand was withered. The scribes and the Pharisees watched him closely to see if he would cure on the sabbath so that they might discover a reason to accuse him. But he realized their intentions and said to the man with the withered hand, "Come up and stand before us." And he rose and stood there. Then Jesus said to them, "I ask you, is it lawful to do good on the sabbath rather than to do evil, to save life rather than to destroy it?" Looking around at them all, he then said to him, "Stretch out your hand." He did so and his hand was restored. But they became enraged and discussed together what they might do to Jesus.

No comments: