God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I have been sadly remiss is updating this blog.  I've updated my other blogs, but this one kind of got thrown by the wayside.  Clayton and Claire started school.  Claire seems to love it.


Clay, depending on who he's talking to, not so much.

 
There was a bit of a meltdown on Wednesday when Mommy had to leave before Clay's bus came.  Melisa wisely told him the next day that he could have 3 hugs and 3 kisses and then she had to leave for work.  He was like a different boy.   He still doesn't like school (depending on who he's talking to), but he gets on the bus like a big boy.

We are settling into kind of a routine.  We all wait on the porch - which is now decorated with orange lights for Fall - while we wait for Clay's bus.  Sometimes we play "I spy" and sometimes we just talk.  Eventually Grandpa comes out on the porch and we wait for Claire's bus.  On Monday and Tuesday, Madison arrives just after Claire's bus leaves.  I get plenty of Grandkid time in, but still have enough time to do the things I want to do.  Right now, that involves getting ready for our fall craft shows.

I've been grunging jars for our Harvest Home Candles.  I love making these.  I came up with the scent blend myself and it tickles me when other people love it as much as I do.


I have one or two more batches of soap to make and then I need to finalize our inventory.  We are slowly getting orders in, but we are still almost a thousand in the hole going into our first show.  Colleen took some things to work - the ladies where she works love our candles.  I think it's funny because that place sells candles, but they like ours better. I've never seen any of the more primitive scents in any of the stores and it puzzles me, but I ain't complainin'.

Monday, Claire was here.  Claire doesn't have school on Mondays so she and Madison had a little dance party.



Our ad finally came out in Country Sampler Magazine.  It isn't on the newsstands yet.  Can't wait!!  You can see the listing HERE.

Christmas season is officially beginning here at the Sugar Bush.

Last night Nina and Jamie came up.  That's always an occasion for hangin' out and ordering pizza. Sure will be nice when the pizza oven is done and we can make one in that! The guys were in the field, but they joined us later for a game of "Imaginiff."  Fun family time.  Good stuff!

I baked 6 dozen peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies today.  If I'm lucky, they'll last me a week.


I'm going to investigate batch cooking.  Seems silly since there is just the two of us, but actually, it is never just the two of us.  It will be nice to have things made ahead so that I have something if company comes, or if I need to take a dish of something to someone.


Word of the day:
Saturday of the Twenty-fourth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : Saint Thomas of Villanova, Bishop (1488-1555)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 8:4-15.


When a large crowd gathered, with people from one town after another journeying to him, he spoke in a parable. A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path and was trampled, and the birds of the sky ate it up. Some seed fell on rocky ground, and when it grew, it withered for lack of moisture. Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew with it and choked it. And some seed fell on good soil, and when it grew, it produced fruit a hundredfold." After saying this, he called out, "Whoever has ears to hear ought to hear." Then his disciples asked him what the meaning of this parable might be. He answered, "Knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of God has been granted to you; but to the rest, they are made known through parables so that 'they may look but not see, and hear but not understand.' This is the meaning of the parable. The seed is the word of God. Those on the path are the ones who have heard, but the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts that they may not believe and be saved. Those on rocky ground are the ones who, when they hear, receive the word with joy, but they have no root; they believe only for a time and fall away in time of trial. As for the seed that fell among thorns, they are the ones who have heard, but as they go along, they are choked by the anxieties and riches and pleasures of life, and they fail to produce mature fruit. But as for the seed that fell on rich soil, they are the ones who, when they have heard the word, embrace it with a generous and good heart, and bear fruit through perseverance.

No comments: