God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Got a lot done today, but still have a lot left to do.  I finished up one prayer quilt, sandwiched another and am putting on the binding.  I got a batch of fudge made, labeled some fudge boxes, got part of the kitchen cleaned.  Melisa is having a jewelry party so I'll go to that for a while, but then I have to come back and finish binding the quilt.  I also have 5 or 6 stockings to get out by Monday.

I made a batch of Hot apple pie jar candles, but jars are running low and I don't want to spend any more money just yet.  After our fall craft shows, we need to work up a spending budget so we don't get caught short again.  I also made a heart shaped electric grubby candle for a wedding gift.   I guess I can't make two different batches of candles at the same time because I poured the wrong fragrance oil into the wax I was melting for the heart candle.  The lucky couple received an ivory heart-shaped candle that smells like hot apple pie.  Hahaha

Word of the day:
Today the Church celebrates : The Holy Guardian Angels - Memorial
The Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 18:1-5.10.


At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a child over, placed it in their midst, and said, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me. See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.

No comments: