God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Last night I misplaced my keys.  They are the keys to the church.  I don't know if this is Freudian or not.  I cannot find those keys anywhere.  I had to email the pastor to see if he had seen them. This is not good.  However, this morning I am feeling strangely at peace.  I have made a decision regarding my job.  I am looking for part-time work, but in the meantime, I am going to do the best I can with what's going on at the church.  In other words, he is going to have to fire me to get rid of me.  If I can find a job, I will take it.  Otherwise I will stay put until I am let go, and I have no illusions about that.  I know it is in the works.  I don't know how I know, but I know.




Word of the day:
Saturday of the Twenty-seventh week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Louis Bertrand, Dominican (1526-1581), St. John Leonardi, Priest (c. 1541-1609), Bl. John Henry Newman, priest, founder of a religious community, theologian († 1890)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 11:27-28.


While he was speaking, a woman from the crowd called out and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that carried you and the breasts at which you nursed." He replied, "Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it."

No comments: