God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Last week I sent out our first large batch of Christmas Stockings.


Today Harold is going fishing with Justin so I will be finishing up another batch to send out.  Now that October is here, things will really start to move.  Here is a picture of the prayer quilt I made yesterday.  It's going to Nancy Seeley, who is one of our prayer quilt ladies.  I pieced this one myself.  I hope she likes it.  This one needs the binding sewn down, then the ties will be put in and the Prayers and Squares patch will be appliqued on the back.

I don't usually piece the quilts, but I was trying a new technique and when I heard that Nancy had been diagnosed with cancer, I knew this one was hers.

I need to get some candles made today.  I have to wick up on the cinnamon and wick down on the Harvest Home.  I am also out of Hot Apple Pie candles already.  I am so blessed to be able to do things I love like making candles, quilts, and soap - not to mention spoiling my little sweet peas.


Word of the day:
Friday of the Twenty-sixth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Therese of Lisieux, Virgin and Doctor of the Church (1873-1897) - Memorial
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 10:13-16.

Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. And as for you, Capernaum, 'Will you be exalted to heaven? You will go down to the netherworld.'" Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."

No comments: