God Bless Our Troops

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm in a melancholy mood today.  Today my dad would have been 83 years old.  My mother never lived to see us married, and Dad never lived to see his grandchildren.  Marian Pryor has been taken to Saginaw after suffering a probable stroke.  I'm not sure what that means - hopefully it means that there is a surgeon that who can help her.  I saw her last night at church and it was one of the few times I didn't visit with her for a few minutes.  I wish I had stopped to give her a hug after Mass.

We had the last of our craft shows yesterday.  It was a very good season for us.  We have a nice little tithe fund to spend this year.  The economy has been so bad in Michigan that we are amazed that we have done so well.  There is so much need and we can barely make a dent but we can do something. We usually donate to various causes that support our military, we usually buy toys for area children through Toys for Tots, we have some gift baskets left that we will give to the church for their Christmas baskets - spending tithe money is one of the most rewarding aspects of our little business endeavor.

I am suffering a little from post-craft show let down.  This is the time when I should be putting things in order for our next show.  I will be doing that, but there is something about that last minute rush which always seems to grab hold of me.  I really can't spend a lot of time waving goodbye to another craft show season because I still have about 20 stockings to get done in the next couple of weeks.  I want to be all ready to enjoy December.


 

Word of the day:
Our Lord Jesus Christ the King - Solemnity
Christ the King, solemnity
Today the Church celebrates : Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 23:35-43.


The people stood by and watched; the rulers, meanwhile, sneered at him and said, "He saved others, let him save himself if he is the chosen one, the Messiah of God." Even the soldiers jeered at him. As they approached to offer him wine they called out, "If you are King of the Jews, save yourself." Above him there was an inscription that read, "This is the King of the Jews." Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us." The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal." Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." He replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

No comments: