God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We had a fog delay today so Clay just got on the bus. Claire is staying with me this morning because she doesn't feel well.  She looks kind of pale.  Melisa will pick her up around 11:30.

I think I finally have the sink hole mystery solved after making a batch of Christmas tree candles which STILL had sink holes in 3 of the jars. I just realized that I have been storing my candle jars on the basement floor and they are probably too cold when I pour the wax.  I realized it when I looked at my jars after pouring and the bottoms were already setting up.  I am hoping that is what has been happening.  I will warm my jars before pouring the next batch and see what happens. Never a dull moment in the dungeon.  I also need to make another batch of primitive nightlights.  People have been snapping them up as fast as I can make them.

Checked the Flylady website - the week we work on the kitchen.  That sounds about right.  I have fudge to package up today and stockings to make.  Anna took our chex mix to work and sold it all so I am making more of that for Saturday.  I need to run up town and pick up the makings.  I hadn't expected to sell out so soon, but I'm not complaining.




Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Thirty-second week in Ordinary Time
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 17:11-19.


As he continued his journey to Jerusalem, he traveled through Samaria and Galilee. As he was entering a village, ten lepers met (him). They stood at a distance from him and raised their voice, saying, "Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!" And when he saw them, he said, "Go show yourselves to the priests." As they were going they were cleansed. And one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. He was a Samaritan. Jesus said in reply, "Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?" Then he said to him, "Stand up and go; your faith has saved you."

No comments: