God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First of all, a huge Happy Birthday to my lovely daughter, Nina!!!  We had a celebration yesterday with Anna, Melisa, Clayton and Claire.  We went down to Ionia and had lunch and then did some shopping.  Just a kind of lazy day that stays fondly in your memory.

Seems like forever since I've been here.  Time really got away from me this year, but I am vowing that it will not happen next year.  I had a really productive day.  I made pastacchina for dinner and put 3 recipes of sauce in the freezer.  I got the music folders ready for this weekend, did some music planning, made a stocking for an order, made 2 batches of candles, did some organizing in the dungeon (needs a ton more work, though),did a couple loads of laundry which I still need to fold and put away.  Not too shabby.  

I recently got an ipod which I bought with amazon credit card points.  It's pretty cool and I have my calendar and to do lists on there.  I am setting up a recipe schedule so that I can do what I did today and have things in the freezer ready to go.

I sorted some of the primitives downstairs - rusty bells etc. I also packaged up a lot of the ball shaped tea light ornies for next Christmas.  Tomorrow I am making night lights. 



Word of the day:
The Holy Innocents, martyrs - Feast
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 2:13-18.


When they had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him." Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed for Egypt. He stayed there until the death of Herod, that what the Lord had said through the prophet might be fulfilled, "Out of Egypt I called my son." When Herod realized that he had been deceived by the magi, he became furious. He ordered the massacre of all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had ascertained from the magi. Then was fulfilled what had been said through Jeremiah the prophet: A voice was heard in Ramah, sobbing and loud lamentation; Rachel weeping for her children, and she would not be consoled, since they were no more.

No comments: