God Bless Our Troops

Monday, January 24, 2011

I have gotten way behind on my blogging. I've gotten behind on a lot of things, but I am slowly catching up. Last night two of my little cuties stayed over and we had a pajama party.  It took Madison quite a while to fall asleep last night because I think she is now old enough to miss Mommy and Daddy.  We got up this morning and had pancakes.

I spent a lot of time today doing some organizing in the dungeon.  Harold said that he hoped to get the sink finished down there.  I hate measuring soaping oils because I have to run up and down the stairs to wash the oils off my hands.  My goal is to measure 5 pails of oils a week so that I can get ahead on soap batches again.  I just finished mixing the lye water for tonight's batch of soap - Peppermint.  I am completely out since I gave the last 2 bars to Kim for Christmas.  She calls it "Tingle" soap. 

I re-organized some of the shelves and my dream is to get that basement into some kind of order.  It will never be pretty, but it can be clean.

I bought an Ipod a few weeks ago and have downloaded quite a few books - you can find a lot of them free on Amazon.  (Thanks, Anna).  I love books - love to hold them, love to own them, but I am trying to downgrade the amount of stuff I have around here.  I also like the idea of being able to "carry" several books with me. 


Word of the day
Monday of the Third week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Francis of Sales, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (+ 1622) - Memorial
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 3:22-30.


The scribes who had come from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "By the prince of demons he drives out demons." Summoning them, he began to speak to them in parables, "How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand; that is the end of him. But no one can enter a strong man's house to plunder his property unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can plunder his house. Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies that people utter will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an everlasting sin." For they had said, "He has an unclean spirit."

No comments: