God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, January 13, 2011

You would never know it to look around this place, but my plan is slowly coming together.  I have Chicken Pot Pie, Pastacchina, and Chili in the freezer.  I will add to that reservoir and pretty soon meal prep should be a lot simpler.  I've also been able to give other people dinner - our pastor for example.  I am still so used to cooking like I did when the kids were all home.  But I can't scale down because I never know who will be around the table at dinner.  Now I just make "freezer" dinners for the future.

I have started organizing on the east end of my dungeon.  That's where the shelves are.  I have been moving things to where I use them most - I may also buy duplicates if I find myself using them often in more than one place.

I began a Christening gown for our new granddaughter.  I am just hoping she won't outgrow it before she uses it.  :)  I made caps for Clay and Claire.  They were very specific about what they wanted.  Clay wanted brown and black - I added some rows of camo because his dad is a hunter.  He did not want "that ball" on the top.  Claire wanted purple.  She is going through a purple phase.  Her mom ought to have some purple sweaters that I made for her when she was going through that phase.  Claire wanted ear flaps but no "strings" hanging down from them.  And she didn't want "that ball" either. 

We had a funeral today.  My cantor emailed me that she was too sick to sing.  I was kind of expecting it because she sounded terrible last night.  If she'd had any kind of voice, she would have been there because she emailed me from work.  As we got to the end of the Mass, I discovered that I had forgotten to put one of the songs in the folder.  It wasn't in the cantor folder either.  :(    I played and sang it from memory with a whole lot of help from above.

On the way home from church, I stopped at Walmart and bought the fabric for the borders and backing of Anna's quilt.  I have now declared Thursday night as my quilting night.  If I don't set a certain time to do it, it won't get done.

Harold made stew today.  It's pretty darn good.  Whatever doesn't get eaten will go into the freezer for a future dinner.  :)


Word of the day:
Thursday of the First week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St Hilary of Poitiers, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (c. 315- c. 367), St. Veronica of Binasco, Religious (144-1497)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 1:40-45.


A leper came to him and kneeling down begged him and said, «If you wish, you can make me clean.» Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand, touched him, and said to him, "I do will it. Be made clean." The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean. Then, warning him sternly, he dismissed him at once. Then he said to him, "See that you tell no one anything, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed; that will be proof for them." The man went away and began to publicize the whole matter. He spread the report abroad so that it was impossible for Jesus to enter a town openly. He remained outside in deserted places, and people kept coming to him from everywhere.

No comments: