God Bless Our Troops

Friday, February 25, 2011

Didn't get much done today.  The house is a wreck as it usually is when we come back from a trip away.  Things get dumped in the laundry room and it takes about a week to get things back to normal.  While we were away, my wonderful brother-in-law, Howard, assisted by Melisa and Claire, put up some great lighting in the dungeon.  It was a great surprise!!!  Now that it's lighter down there, I am really going to have to get to work cleaning.  Nothing like a little light to show you where you need to clean up your act.

Today I finally got to try my hand at making loaves for my fancy slices.  I bought a new pot for soaping, but it's a little bigger than I can handle.  I liked my stainless steel bowl, but I thought it would be handier to heat the oils and mix the soap all in one pot.  It's more awkward than I anticipated so I may be re-thinking using it.

I made a batch of Black Raspberry Vanilla (we call it Berry Pickin'), and a batch of a blend of a couple of FOs that I will be calling Breath of Spring.   The Berry Pickin' was swirled with a non-stable mica that started out purple, but morphed to a really pretty mulberry color.  The Breath of Spring is swirled with mica by the same name.  I really wish I had not goofed up on sending payment for my glitter.  I think that would just really make these two loaves.  I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight anticipating what these will look like.  I am very excited!

I uploaded a video to YouTube:




Word of the day:
Friday of the Seventh week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Tarasius, Patriarch of Constantinople (+ 806)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 10:1-12.

He set out from there and went into the district of Judea (and)
across the Jordan. Again crowds gathered around him and, as was his custom, he again taught them. The Pharisees approached and asked, "Is it lawful for a husband to divorce his wife?" They were testing him. He said to them in reply, "What did Moses command you?" They replied, "Moses permitted him to write a bill of divorce and dismiss her." But Jesus told them, "Because of the hardness of your hearts he wrote you this commandment. But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother (and be joined to his wife), and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate." In the house the disciples again questioned him about this. He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her; and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

No comments: