God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The kids have been thrilled to have 2 snow days in a row.  I spent the last day searching You Tube for soap videos and found some wonderful soapers. This video, from Kia at Beacon Creations inspired me to branch out from my usual functional and utilitarian primitive type soaps.



I explored her videos a little further and love them!!  Not only is she a talented soaper, but she comes across as a wonderful person!

Here is my little try at soap in a log mold with a fancy top. (Inspired by Kia's lovely Rose soap.) I used a Cappuccino fragrance oil and my hope is that the vanilla in the fragrance oil will darken the bottom half and the top half (no fo) will stay light like the foam on a cappuccino. The hearts I stuck in there because I LOVE cappuccino. We shall see what tomorrow's bar cutting will bring.




Word of the day:
Thursday of the Fourth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Blase, Bishop & Martyr (+ 316)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 6:7-13.


He summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over unclean spirits. He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick--no food, no sack, no money in their belts. They were, however, to wear sandals but not a second tunic. He said to them, "Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave from there. Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you, leave there and shake the dust off your feet in testimony against them." So they went off and preached repentance. They drove out many demons, and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.

No comments: