God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I made soap last night. I have been wanting to try something new with the Maple Syrup Festival soap. The loaf batches take less soap than the bar batches so with the leftover soap I made some cupcakes and a smaller loaf which was supposed to be in John Deere colors.

Here is the Syrup loaf:


The scent is not as strong as I would like and I can smell some of the apple scent from the other soap clinging to it.  Hopefully that will go away.

Here are the cupcakes and the "John Deere" loaf.  The yellow looks more like butter.  I think I'll give it to Howard for his birthday.  He really like handmade soap.



Cupcakes are a new thing for me.  I need to let the soap for the "frosting" set up a little longer so that I can pipe it onto the soapcake.  I can't wait for my glitter to get here!!!


 Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Eighth week in Ordinary Time
Today the Church celebrates : St. Albinus, Bishop (+ 550), St David,
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 10:28-31.

Peter began to say to him, "We have given up everything and followed you." Jesus said, "Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age: houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and eternal life in the age to come. But many that are first will be last, and (the) last will be first."




No comments: