God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tonight, with the Mass of the Lord's Supper, we will officially end Lent and begin the Sacred Triduum - the three most holy days of the church year. My tradition is to join the St. Mary's school students at their Holy Thursday Retreat. I love to watch their faces as they re-enact the events leading up to Good Friday and Easter. Holy Week is a very trying, taxing, and busy week, but I love it.

I listed the new Honey Blossom Soap in our Etsy shop.  I really love how it turned out and it was a joy to cut it with my new cutter.  Nice even slices - Ahhhhhhhh



I can't wait until things slow down a bit.  I have a ton of ideas I want to try.

Oh, and in other news, there will be another Sugar Bush baby arriving in early December.  Melisa and Justin are expecting.  Claire and Clayton called to tell me about it and they are VERY excited.  They have been having a ball with their younger cousins and I am sure they will be a very big help to Mommy and Daddy.

Madison and Meghan were here yesterday.  Meghan is really growing fast now.  I see big changes from one week to the next.  Yesterday Madison arrived at our house with a new hat.  She just cracks me up.  Her favorite thing to watch at our house is "Froofy."   (Max and Ruby)


Don't forget about the fantastic giveaway that our Etsy team is having!!  The winner will receive everything shown in the display at our team blog!

Sweet Summertime Hugs Giveaway



Word of the day:
Holy Thursday
Saint(s) of the day : St. Anselm, Archishop an Doctor of the Church (1033-1109)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 13:1-15.


Before the feast of Passover, Jesus knew that his hour had come to pass from this world to the Father. He loved his own in the world and he loved them to the end.
The devil had already induced Judas, son of Simon the Iscariot, to hand him over. So, during supper,
fully aware that the Father had put everything into his power and that he had come from God and was returning to God,
he rose from supper and took off his outer garments. He took a towel and tied it around his waist.
Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and dry them with the towel around his waist.
He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Master, are you going to wash my feet?"
Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing, you do not understand now, but you will understand later."
Peter said to him, "You will never wash my feet." Jesus answered him, "Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me."
Simon Peter said to him, "Master, then not only my feet, but my hands and head as well."
Jesus said to him, "Whoever has bathed has no need except to have his feet washed, for he is clean all over; so you are clean, but not all."
For he knew who would betray him; for this reason, he saidjavascript:void(0), "Not all of you are clean."
So when he had washed their feet (and) put his garments back on and reclined at table again, he said to them, "Do you realize what I have done for you?
You call me 'teacher' and 'master,' and rightly so, for indeed I am.
If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet.
I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.

No comments: