God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just a quick update and then I'll be back. I have the little girls this morning and the littlest one wants to be held. I made the oatmeal milk and honey soap last night but completely forgot that I wanted to try the honeycomb thing with the bubble wrap. Duh!! I used some new silicone molds that I bought last week. I needed to pop them in the freezer to unmold, but I am totally happy with the result. I sprinkled ground oats and brown sugar (sand colored glitter) on top.  It didn't gel so it is a bit too soft to continue cutting right now.  I just love the way this turned out!  I'll be doing a YouTube cutting video later on.

I don't know if I wrote about this or not, but on February 5th I ordered a mold from a moldmaker on Etsy.  On February 25th I ordered a cutter.  The listing says 7 to 14 business days.  It's now been 26 business days since I ordered the cutter.(He offered to ship mold and cutter together to save shipping)  This seller does not keep you updated unless you hound him.  I was reading his feedback and several buyers have the same complaint. If they complain about it he leaves retaliatory negative feedback.  Last week I couldn't wait any longer for the molds so I ordered the silicone ones.  Since the moldmaker told me he was shipping last Saturday (that's the third date he gave me) and since Saturday came and went without a shipping notice, I emailed him to ask him to cancel the mold.  Well, lo and behold, his wife emails me back to tell me he's in the hospital, but that his kidneys are "waking" up and that he should be back in operation at the end of the week. Due to several other excuses that this man has used, I am highly suspicious - especially with the way the email is worded - very emotionally manipulative.  I will definitely not order from him again.  I don't mind waiting for something, but I expect to be kept updated if my order is not shipped when it is supposed to be.  Apparently his workmanship is excellent, but unfortunately, I cannot attest to that since I don't have anything to prove it. I am not a happy camper.  Now I am off to rock my little Meghan.  I'll be back later with a link to the YouTube video.





Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Fourth week of Lent
Saint(s) of the day : St. Vincent Ferrer, Priest (1350-1419)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 5:1-16.

There was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
Now there is in Jerusalem at the Sheep (Gate) a pool called in Hebrew Bethesda, with five porticoes.
In these lay a large number of ill, blind, lame, and crippled.
One man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years.
When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had been ill for a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be well?"
The sick man answered him, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; while I am on my way, someone else gets down there before me."
Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your mat, and walk."
Immediately the man became well, took up his mat, and walked. Now that day was a sabbath.
So the Jews said to the man who was cured, "It is the sabbath, and it is not lawful for you to carry your mat."
He answered them, "The man who made me well told me, 'Take up your mat and walk.'"
They asked him, "Who is the man who told you, 'Take it up and walk'?"
The man who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had slipped away, since there was a crowd there.
After this Jesus found him in the temple area and said to him, "Look, you are well; do not sin any more, so that nothing worse may happen to you."
The man went and told the Jews that Jesus was the one who had made him well.
Therefore, the Jews began to persecute Jesus because he did this on a sabbath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...I know exactly who you're talking about. His crappy feedback is what put me off ordering from him for so long but Sherri's video convinced me to go for it. It took six weeks to get mine, which was actually a lot quicker than I'd expected. I did contact him twice in that time though.

In his feedback there are several mentions of medical excuses. Maybe they are true (I read somewhere he is an older man) but he told me he had hired two helpers. So if he's in the hospital, why aren't the helpers still working?

Frustrating, I know. Hope it gets here soon. Oh, did the mold get canceled? He talked me out of canceling the cutter when I tried.

Good luck!
~Deb

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

No, the mold didn't get cancelled because Mrs. Moldmaker is waiting to get to a secure site. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt, but these medical issues ALWAYS occur on or around the date items are supposed to be shipped. I watched a video of him using the cutter, and he doesn't look that elderly to me. But we'll see. If he would just state at the outset that it's going to take 6 weeks, then I can plan around that, but he strings you along with promises to ship in a couple of days so you feel stupid trying to cancel. In his "wife's" email there is alot of "oh people have been so kind" "no one has minded wating" etc. I don't know what to think, but I won't be leaving any kind of feedback. I ordered because of Sherri too.