God Bless Our Troops

Monday, May 2, 2011

Whew!!!!!  Things can slow down a bit. Easter Vigil is done, the syrup festival is behind us, First Communion occurred yesterday. I can relax a bit, maybe.  Except that I have to make 400 heart soaps for the GOTR gift bags, I have a basket donation to make for an upcoming crop, I have ton of water to vacuum out of the basement, and a few batches of candles to make.  I have the girls 3 mornings this week and a staff meeting Thursday afternoon.  A lot of music planning to do.  A rehearsal for upcoming priest ordinations. Other than that, I'm home free.  hahah   Oh yeah, and the house is a wreck - but that's a given.   Hmmmmmmm. 




I spent the afternoon grunging jars for a candle order and grunged a few lamps while I was at it. I sucked up 3 large pale fulls of water.  I vacuum it up and then Harold dumps it when he comes in the house.  My back has been bothering me lately and I just can't lift the big bucket, and even filling the small buckets to dump is not a possibility right now.

I also measured out 4 batches of soap oils.  I didn't try to make soap tonight because when the house is this messy, I can't enjoy it.  

I have some video from the festival, but I haven't located my flip video camera yet. 
Word of the day:
Monday of the Second week of Easter
Saint(s) of the day : St. Athanasius, Bishop, Doctor of the Church (+ 373)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 3:1-8.
There was a Pharisee named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
He came to Jesus at night and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God, for no one can do these signs that you are doing unless God is with him."
Jesus answered and said to him, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."
Nicodemus said to him, "How can a person once grown old be born again? Surely he cannot reenter his mother's womb and be born again, can he?"
Jesus answered, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.
What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit.
Do not be amazed that I told you, 'You must be born from above.'
The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."


No comments: