God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good morning, everyone. Last February when we had several snow days and a little spare time on my hands, I found some amazing videos from soapmakers on You Tube. We support each other, try each other's products, and form some lovely friendships.
I recently had an order from Claire at Beautiful Bubbles.

 One of the things we do when we support a shop is either make a purchase or do a swap.  Then, when we receive our order, we do what is called a "haul video."  It's a lot of fun and we have met some wonderful people.  As you will be able to tell from the video, Claire is from the UK.  It's exciting to visit back and forth.  Technology is amazing!!



I made a batch of Peppermint Patty soap yesterday. I wanted to try a new technique using a small square column. My column wasn't exactly the right kind, but I am still really happy with the swirl. I put this in the refrigerator so it wouldn't gel. When I cut it, it was still a bit too soft, but I am soooooo impatient. I couldn't find my maple leaf mold to make the small samples. I am in the process of organizing the things in my soaping closet so I can find them when I need them.
I had planned to make a soap cutting video, but I just had to see how these slices turned out.




Tuesday of the Fifth week of Easter
Saint(s) of the day : Sts. Donatian & Rogatian, Martyrs (c. 287)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 14:27-31.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
You heard me tell you, 'I am going away and I will come back to you.' If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.
And now I have told you this before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe.
I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world is coming. He has no power over me,
but the world must know that I love the Father and that I do just as the Father has commanded me. Get up, let us go.


No comments: