Christmas 2015

Christmas 2015
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Well, I finally got to make soap last night. I made Pumpkin Spice (sorry Deb). I make our Autumn soaps in the summer because our craft show season is insane starting with late September (when the stocking orders begin to roll in too.) I upped the goat milk on this. The lye concentration was 6.5 ounces of water and 16 ounces of goat milk. I put the batch in the refrigerator to keep it from gelling. I took it out this morning and it is really oily. I can't tell if the zap I am getting is from lye or fragrance oil. We shall see. The soap began to heat up a bit after I got it out of the refrigerator. I used no coloring, but swirled it with a cocoa powder mixture. I have used this in bar soap but it did not turn this gorgeous shade of orange. Perhaps the oven processing made a difference in the bars. I love the way these turned out. I am hoping the the moisture really is oil and not something else. Time will definitely tell.


Word of the day:
Saturday of the Sixth week of Easter
Saint(s) of the day : St. Francis Caracciolo, Priest & Co-Founder of Congregation (1563-1608)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 16:23b-28.


On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.
Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.
I have told you this in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures but I will tell you clearly about the Father.
On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you.
For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God.
I came from the Father and have come into the world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ooh, that DID turn out really pretty.