God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Here we are at the end of June. The days are sliding by so quickly. We had our Moeggenborg Family reunion last Sunday. The numbers are fewer and fewer each year. It's kind of sad to see. Entire branches of the family are not coming any more. We had a good time, but it was discouraging to see how few people come to it any more.

I made some soap last night. I'm getting in the the Christmas soap mode and made a batch of Pepperberry Wreath. It's a blend of an essential oil and a fragrance oil. I like it - reminds me of Christmas.  As usual, I made a large loaf, a mini loaf, 4 maple leaves, 5 cupcakes and a bunch of dobbies for future cupcakes.



I am still very bad about waiting to unmold and I managed to mash a little of the bottom of the larger loaf - but it was on the end where I cut samples from so I guess it's okay.  I just can't seem to leave it in the mold.  LOL!

Word of the day:
Saint Peter and Saint Paul, apostles - Solemnity
Feast of the Church : Saints Peter and Paul - Solemnity
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 16:13-19.


When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, «Who do people say that the Son of Man is?»
They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

No comments: