God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First of all, Happy Birthday to my favorite son, favorite youngest child, and favorite auto body guy!
Of course he is a bit older than the little guy in the picture with the bowl haircut about which I never hear the end.  Hahaha.  Sam is 29 today!!  Here he is operating my knitting machine as he works on a Fair project.



One of our items was featured in a collection on Artfire.  Whoohoo!


It's too hot to do anything today.  I just wish we could have a spring and fall again.  LOL!



Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Seventh week of Easter
Saint(s) of the day : St. Medard, Bishop (c.457_545)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 17:11b-19.

And now I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are.
When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me, and I guarded them, and none of them was lost except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled.
But now I am coming to you. I speak this in the world so that they may share my joy completely.
I gave them your word, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that you keep them from the evil one.
They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world.
And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your 'little guy'! My oldest turns 20 next week and I can't believe that.

I hear ya on the weather!! Yesterday we hit 97 here and it was just miserable. Thankfully the humidity wasn't too bad. Today is a bit cooler but muggier because we had storms this morning. But yeah, I'm all for spring and fall year round!! (Well, mainly fall.)

~Deb