God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I am way behind on things. This week is VBS and it takes up a lot of time. The morning is spent at VBS and then I come home and learn the music for the next day.  The music is very energetic and we're all kind of dragging by the end of the morning.

I came home today and packaged up the Rainbow Sherbet and Honey Blossom soaps.  Next week I really have to get on the stick and make some more.  I mailed out a couple of orders and did a little more cleaning of the dungeon.  I also finished a set of 5 Teddy Bear stockings for Anna to sew up. I'd like to have at least 100 done by the end of August.

Anna and I went up to the rail trail again tonight.  My time for the 5K is slowly improving and my knee isn't bothering me much tonight.  I think the stretching at night has really helped.  Kelli won't be running the 5K with us in August.  She doesn't want to put too much stress on her ankle.  Sam probably won't do the race either.  :(   But Nina is coming up (hopefully her knee will be better) so she and Anna and I will run it together.

VBS is over on Thursday and then I have to get busy cleaning and making snack mix for a pizza party that Harold is hosting.  The patio is finished, but the guys still need to come back and put another coat of sealant on it.  It's rained the last couple of nights, so hopefully it will be done before Saturday.

I got our papers for our first craft show of the season.  It's coming up fast.  This show is in Carson City and it has been our lowest show in terms of sales.  This year we won't be taking candles and the only soap we'll be taking will be the cupcake soap.  People there like our nightlights and Christmas novelties and our mixes sell pretty well, but my stuff doesn't go as well in Carson City.  Not sure why because we sell out of a lot of soap and candles in this area, but each show is different. 



Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Nineteenth week in Ordinary Time
Feast of the Church : In Europe: St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein), Virgin, Martyr, patron of Europe - Feast
Saint(s) of the day : St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein), co-patron of Europe (1891-1942)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 18:1-5.10.12-14.

At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
He called a child over, placed it in their midst,
and said, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.
See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.
What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray?
And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray.
In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost.


No comments: