God Bless Our Troops

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - Deerfield Park Trail Run Day

Today Anna and I ran the Deerfield Park Trail Run.  I wish this picture had turned out better.  Ugh!



It was a beautiful course!!  We were told not to expect a personal best on this course because of the hills, but I beat my personal best.



About 5 minutes into the race I was the last person.  Not unusual for me.  So I prayed the rosary the first 15 minutes and then listened to a podcast for the remainder of the run.  About 1/2 hour into the race I passed a little girl and her aunt.  I hated to do it, but, well, I did it.  The scenery along this trail was absolutely gorgeous and the weather was perfect - just chilly enough to make you want to move.  After the 5K we stopped in at a store in Mount P. that carries a few of our things.  I was pleased to see that some of my soap sold.  That will help put a teeny dent into our negative cash flow going into the fall shows.  A very teeny dent.  I logged onto facebook a while ago and the shopowner messaged me about ordering some Christmas soaps.  Whoo hoo.

I did a soap swap recently with Claire from Beautiful Bubbles.  Claire is from the UK and I absolutely love to listen to her videos.  I received her box the other day and her soaps are so wonderful.  Look her up on YouTube.




Word of the day:
Saturday of the Twenty-fifth week in Ordinary Time
Feast of the Church : Our Lady of Mercy
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 9:43b-45.


And all were astonished by the majesty of God. While they were all amazed at his every deed, he said to his disciples,
Pay attention to what I am telling you. The Son of Man is to be handed over to men.
But they did not understand this saying; its meaning was hidden from them so that they should not understand it, and they were afraid to ask him about this saying.

No comments: