God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Madison and Meghan were here today and they helped me with the fall decorations.  I could not get Madison to smile.  She is holding an artificial fall mum and taking her job very seriously.


It's been a busy but productive week and a half. I have upped my soapmaking schedule to 4 days a week so I can get all of our seasonal soaps cured before the craft shows. So far I have made Pumpkin Spice, Apple Jack 'n Peel, Vanilla, Honey Oats and Milk, and last night I made Sugar Plum Fairy. I put heart embeds in the loaf. I've never done embeds before. The hearts were from the batch of Fairy Tales I made a few weeks ago. I am pretty pleased with how the Sugar Plum Fairy turned out.


Last Sunday, I sang at a 9/11 Mass of Remembrance down at the Cathedral. There were about 350 people there.  Most of the people I knew had been there earlier for the Commissioning Mass and left shortly after I arrived.  In the video below I am singing at the very end and the song is chopped up because the videographer is trying to capture different scenes.

 


Word of the day:
Tuesday of the Twenty-fourth week in Ordinary Time
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7:11-17.


Soon afterward he journeyed to a city called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd accompanied him.
As he drew near to the gate of the city, a man who had died was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. A large crowd from the city was with her.
When the Lord saw her, he was moved with pity for her and said to her, "Do not weep."
He stepped forward and touched the coffin; at this the bearers halted, and he said, "Young man, I tell you, arise!"
The dead man sat up and began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother.
Fear seized them all, and they glorified God, exclaiming, "A great prophet has arisen in our midst," and "God has visited his people."
This report about him spread through the whole of Judea and in all the surrounding region.

No comments: