God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ah, yes. Remember last January when I said I would get a jump start on this fall? I say it every year, and for the month of January I am one busy bee. And then comes February and I back off a bit because, after all, I have several more months to get it together. March follows and Maple Syrup season starts, the Church prepares for Easter and things get hectic. And, oh, by the way, I forgot that the Maple Syrup Festival is coming up in April. And so goes the year. And here I am, in October, looking down the nose of our first craft show of the season and wondering where the year went. October 15, is my official day to break out the Christmas music and it zipped by me unnoticed.

This year's craft shows will be a bit of a challenge.  One Sugar Bush girl is pregnant, due in December, and recently received the news that she is on bed rest.  (And by bed rest I mean sitting in the recliner with her feet up, frantically sewing up the Christmas Stockings that should have been on the shelf by the end of summer.)  And we have another Sugar Bush girl who is pregnant and due right about the time of the Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival.  Do you detect a theme here?  Anna and I will be enlisting the aid of our friend Dottie.  :)

Oh, and then I get an inspiration for some tea lights that I absolutely have to pounce on while it is fresh in my elderly brain.  And did I forget to mention that the guys are in the fields?  That always adds to the fun as they scramble to find food while we women are off doing our craft show thing.

Yes, fall is my favorite time of year - just wish I would stick to my work schedule during the rest of the year so it wouldn't be so hectic.  But then, maybe that's all part of the fun.



Thursday of the Twenty-ninth week in Ordinary Time
Saint(s) of the day : St. Paul of the Cross, Priest (1693-1775), St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin, Virgin (1888-1922)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 12:49-53.


I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing!
There is a baptism with which I must be baptized, and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished!
Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
From now on a household of five will be divided, three against two and two against three;
a father will be divided against his son and a son against his father, a mother against her daughter and a daughter against her mother, a mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."
 

No comments: