God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, February 9, 2012

About 3 weeks ago I ordered a crocheted rag rug from one of my team members at the Old Farmhouse Gathering.  I've made rag rugs before.  I still make them sometimes, but hers have a totally different look that I am just not able to achieve.  When our team sponsored a 50% off sale I snapped up a rug that had caught my eye.  It arrived the other day.  Oh, my!  The pictures just do not do it justice.  Madison and Meghan were here when the rug came.  I think they like it too.  I have already ordered another for my kitchen!


The creator of this rug is Janet Jones of Ragz2rugs. You must check out her shop!
Ragz2Rugs

Made a couple of batches of soap this week.  This one is Primitive Pear.  Mmmmmmm


The other is a favorite of our customers, Raspberry Jasmine Spice.  We really don't have all that much time before the Maple Syrup Festival!




Word of the day:
Thursday of the Fifth week in Ordinary Time
Saint(s) of the day : St. Apollonia, Virgin and Martyr (+ 249)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 7:24-30.

Jesus went to the district of Tyre. He entered a house and wanted no one to know about it, but he could not escape notice.
Soon a woman whose daughter had an unclean spirit heard about him. She came and fell at his feet.
The woman was a Greek, a Syrophoenician by birth, and she begged him to drive the demon out of her daughter.
He said to her, "Let the children be fed first. For it is not right to take the food of the children and throw it to the dogs."
She replied and said to him, "Lord, even the dogs under the table eat the children's scraps."
Then he said to her, "For saying this, you may go. The demon has gone out of your daughter."
When the woman went home, she found the child lying in bed and the demon gone.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Awww, that's cure. And that is indeed a nice looking rug.

Both of those soaps sound YUMMY!

~Deb

Barb said...

What a wonderful photo on the rug! Just love Janets's rugs!
Primitive pear sounds interesting!
Enjoy your day,
Barb