God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Haven't had much blogging time lately, but I have been scrambling to get all of our soap done so it has time to cure by the Syrup Festival (which is not very far off).  So far I have 2 bins of inventory done.  Plus, I still have about 400 soaps to make for the goodie bags for Girls on the Run.  Next week.  Next week.

Lemongrass Goat Milk Soap
Monday I made lemongrass soap.  It turned out beautifully.  It should JUST make it in time for the Festival. Last week I also made Raspberry Jasmine Spice soap cupcakes (which Madison has her eagle eye on) and Honey, Oats, and Milk.  I am loving my new perfected recipe!!

Lavender Goat Milk Soap

Holy Week is always a crazy and stressful week for me.  The last two years have been exacerbated by having someone new administrating.  With the changes in the Roman Missal and the change in leadership for 2 rows running, it's been a big challenge.  The biggest problem is that we no longer know who is supposed to do what so it's a constant double check on everyone.  Hopefully, someday soon, we will be stabilized.

Yesterday we had the Chrism Mass down at the Cathedral.  About midway through I realized that it wasn't April 1, but April 3rd which means that yesterday was our anniversary.  Harold has been scrambling to get things ready for spring planting so he didn't realize it until he saw postings on Facebook.  Gotta love Facebook.  So we ended up going out for dinner at the Shepherd Bar.  I love Shepherd!!  You always run into people you know. 


Word of the day:
Wednesday of Holy Week
Saint(s) of the day : St. Isidore of Seville, Archbishop (+ 636)
Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 26:14-25.

One of the Twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests
and said, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" They paid him thirty pieces of silver,
and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand him over.
On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples approached Jesus and said, "Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the Passover?"
He said, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The teacher says, "My appointed time draws near; in your house I shall celebrate the Passover with my disciples."'"
The disciples then did as Jesus had ordered, and prepared the Passover.
When it was evening, he reclined at table with the Twelve.
And while they were eating, he said, "Amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me."
Deeply distressed at this, they began to say to him one after another, "Surely it is not I, Lord?"
He said in reply, "He who has dipped his hand into the dish with me is the one who will betray me.
The Son of Man indeed goes, as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed. It would be better for that man if he had never been born."
Then Judas, his betrayer, said in reply, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" He answered, "You have said so."

1 comment:

Monday's Child Primitives said...

Hello from Monday's Child Prims! Your soap looks awesome!