God Bless Our Troops

Friday, September 21, 2012

I spent the morning blending a new fragrance oil for our fall products. It brings to mind the crunch of leaves in the fall, the freshly turned earth in the fields, a touch of maple and some other fantastic scents. It reminds me of our beautiful country road in the fall and so I have named the scent in its honor - Autumn on the County Line. I made a batch of candles and will post a pic of those when I have the labels. They are sage green and smell so wonderful.

 I usually make soap on Mondays, but I made another batch today using our new fragrance so that it would be cured in time for our October 27 craft show in Carson City.  Here is a pic of it in the mold.  I can't wait to cut it tomorrow!


Saint Matthew, apostle and evangelist - Feast

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 9:9-13.
 
As Jesus passed by, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the customs post. He said to him, "Follow me." And he got up and followed him.
While he was at table in his house, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat with Jesus and his disciples.
The Pharisees saw this and said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
He heard this and said, "Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
Go and learn the meaning of the words, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' I did not come to call the righteous but sinners."

No comments: