God Bless Our Troops

Sunday April 21, 2013

It's been a very long time since I've updated this blog.  We got slammed with stocking orders in October (which, coincidentally was my last post) and we never really got caught up.  Now the Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival is next week and my workroom has been filled with water.  We had 4 funerals in 5 days at the church last week. Thank goodness I started getting ready early so we have most of everything we need.

Today I am making fudge - chocolate, to be exact.  Because I am on a program to reverse my insulin resistance, I can't test it so I have to rely on other people - and by other people, I mean Harold, who is always a willing tester.

Yesterday was the Maple Syrup Festival Princess Pageant, and our little Claire was a contestant.  She sang, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."  She and Maddie have sung that song hundreds of times in our living room, but watching her sing it here made me tear up.



The video isn't very good, but you can hear her very well. There are actually three videos, her song, her interview question, and her group dancing.  I need to find my video camera because this one isn't very good. Claire is the 4th girl from the left with the pink tights, turquoise skirt and turquoise gloves.



No comments: