God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Today Meghan, who is four, and I are working on paper piecing a quilt for the guest room.  This is where the grandkids always stay when they "visit the night." I have a lot of scraps and the girls want to learn to quilt.  Paper piecing is an excellent tool for teaching little ones to make quarter inch seams. The first thing I teach little ones is a healthy respect for the machine.  If you ask them they will tell you that you never put your fingers near the needle - ever.

Please pardon the poor video quality.  I was guiding fabric with one hand and video taping with the other

The pieced block looks kind of wonky 
when it comes off the machine.




We trimmed it up and it looks much better.
After we make 99 of these blocks,
 they will be sashed
and made into a quilt for the guest room.












Another batch of soap has finished curing so I will be packaging that today.  I am in a time crunch to get soap made and cured for our spring craft shows.  Today I am working on the Country Apple soap.  
We also list on Etsy so it has to be wrapped and ready today. 

  
Nicola and I are pretty well on target for getting things ready for stocking sales.  The orders start coming in fairly regularly from August until we have to pull our listings.  We have been pulling them in mid-October because we want everything to be shipped out by November 30.   Even though we warn people to order early, it's just hard to get in the Christmas spirit in April.  

No comments: