Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Over the last couple of months I have done a lot of stress and emotional eating.  This has been a problem for me ever since I can remember.  I have fallen into the habit of vegging out in front of the TV after a long day.  Of course that involves chowing down on any unhealthy thing I can get my hands on.  Last night I decided to break that habit - and turning to food in times of stress or sadness is a habit.  What makes it difficult is that it ties food in with emotions.  

So I decided to take a baby step in the direction of breaking this lifelong habit of eating when I'm feeling bad.   I remember seeing a picture like the one below.  That is a lot of muscle involvement, particularly in the core.  The older I get, the more I see the importance of strengthening the core.  Soooooo, I got down on the floor and did 2 ten second planks.  It felt amazing.  So my new "habit" will be to do planks every other night.  The other new thing is that I am leaving my mini trampoline out.  No food at night.  None.  It is far too easy to down tons of calories in a very short time. My goal is to reach 10,000 steps.  That's it.  That's what I am going to concentrate on for the next week or so.  

                                        Image result for why do planks

Today I attended the funeral of an 18 month old who died of cancer.  The funeral was at St. Mary. I am guessing that anyone who has ever lost a child cried not only for Nolan, but for their own loss.  It was difficult for me on two levels - the first because I could feel the grief of the family.  And the second because for years my gift to grieving families was to play at funerals.  I tried to put that grief aside because today wasn't about me.  It was about two young parents who had to bury their child far too soon.



No comments: