God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The weather has been frigid in Michigan this week.  The back roads are solid sheets of ice - bad enough that school was cancelled yesterday.  Last Saturday the roads were just as bad but a friend invited us to sew in her downstairs sewing area and I wasn't about to let a little ice stop me.  I made the first trip there just fine.  Then I noticed I forgot my bobbin and a few other necessities so home I went.  Coming back I passed the driveway.  Did I mention my friend's road was also a solid sheet of ice.  I cautiously continued to the next driveway in an attempt to turn around.  I backed up, put the car in drive and proceeded to slide backward.  This went on for about 10 minutes until I finally backed up far enough and my wheels were straight enough to move forward.  





We had a great day of quilting and conversation.  I very rarely do anything like this so I really enjoyed the day.  

I worked on the quilt I started last week, and Sherry worked on a quilt for her grandson.  The third member of our party left a bit earlier and I didn't get pics of her project.


When I got home I decided that I would add to what I already had and expand it to a bed quilt for the guest bedroom.   I have a couple more borders and then the fun part begins.  The quilting!!!



Today was a Ben day.  He was pretending to be a puppy and shortly after I took this he started licking my face.  



I made soap last night and cut it when I got home.  This is our Country Roads.  I usually use titanium dioxide to keep the lighter parts white, but I decided to leave it out this time.  This smells really nice and is a unisex scent so I left out the glitter.  Apparently, guys do not like glitter.



 I finished up some candles that I had on my work table.  Some of the Christmas ones that I had started but never had time to finish needed to be done.


I made some candles and tarts last Saturday in anticipation of the Syrup Festival in April.  I've been playing with labels.   Just what I needed - another addiction!



While Ben was napping today, I poured over one of my quilt books by Lynette Jensen of Thimblerries. Tonight I plan to finish my current quilt top because on the way home from Ionia, I bought some fabric for my next quilt.  



But hanging is my sewing room is a scrap of fabric for a quilt challenge.  That has to be done by the time of the Shepherd Maple Syrup festival.  And then there are the curtains I need to finish for the twins' room, not to mention the quilt I am repairing for my daughter.   I guess I have enough to keep me out of trouble for a while.  

No comments: