Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The weather has been frigid in Michigan this week.  The back roads are solid sheets of ice - bad enough that school was cancelled yesterday.  Last Saturday the roads were just as bad but a friend invited us to sew in her downstairs sewing area and I wasn't about to let a little ice stop me.  I made the first trip there just fine.  Then I noticed I forgot my bobbin and a few other necessities so home I went.  Coming back I passed the driveway.  Did I mention my friend's road was also a solid sheet of ice.  I cautiously continued to the next driveway in an attempt to turn around.  I backed up, put the car in drive and proceeded to slide backward.  This went on for about 10 minutes until I finally backed up far enough and my wheels were straight enough to move forward.  





We had a great day of quilting and conversation.  I very rarely do anything like this so I really enjoyed the day.  

I worked on the quilt I started last week, and Sherry worked on a quilt for her grandson.  The third member of our party left a bit earlier and I didn't get pics of her project.


When I got home I decided that I would add to what I already had and expand it to a bed quilt for the guest bedroom.   I have a couple more borders and then the fun part begins.  The quilting!!!



Today was a Ben day.  He was pretending to be a puppy and shortly after I took this he started licking my face.  



I made soap last night and cut it when I got home.  This is our Country Roads.  I usually use titanium dioxide to keep the lighter parts white, but I decided to leave it out this time.  This smells really nice and is a unisex scent so I left out the glitter.  Apparently, guys do not like glitter.



 I finished up some candles that I had on my work table.  Some of the Christmas ones that I had started but never had time to finish needed to be done.


I made some candles and tarts last Saturday in anticipation of the Syrup Festival in April.  I've been playing with labels.   Just what I needed - another addiction!



While Ben was napping today, I poured over one of my quilt books by Lynette Jensen of Thimblerries. Tonight I plan to finish my current quilt top because on the way home from Ionia, I bought some fabric for my next quilt.  



But hanging is my sewing room is a scrap of fabric for a quilt challenge.  That has to be done by the time of the Shepherd Maple Syrup festival.  And then there are the curtains I need to finish for the twins' room, not to mention the quilt I am repairing for my daughter.   I guess I have enough to keep me out of trouble for a while.  

No comments: