Christmas 2015

Christmas 2015
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Well, I have been a total recalcitrant today.  After staying up until 3:00 finishing my quilt top and sandwiching it for quilting, I got up, cleaned the kitchen, gave the laundry room a cursory once over, did a couple of rows on the quilt I am repairing for my daughter, all the while itching to get the new quilt under my needle.  I intended to limit myself to 30 minutes.  Yeah, right.  Oh, the lies I tell myself!   This is the first time I have done a bed quilt on my quilting machine, Lena.  I have done a queen sized quilt, but that was a quilt-as-you go before I acquired Lena.   So, there is a whole new learning curve.  I have done smaller quilts that I could turn in the direction I wanted to quilt.  Well, with a full sized quilt, there is no turning - trust me.  Now I have to learn to quilt in any direction without turning my work.  Longarmers have no choice so they learn to do it right up front.   I pinned my quilt because I am trying to wean myself off of using quilt spray.  I had enough pins to stabilize the center of the quilt, so that is where I started.





The first square looks a bit pathetic.  I immediately whipped it off the machine so I could see what it looked like on the bed.  Of course, that spurred me on to wanting to do another square - then that led to the third square and then I took myself in hand and reluctantly left my quilting room.




I have other chores to do.  The cursory laundry room stint from this morning meant that I moved all of my stray stuff back to the basement from whence it came.  I store a lot downstairs, but I also have to use it up here so I get a lot of stair stepping in in the course of a day.  All of that stuff needs to be put away. 

Now I have to inventory our mixes and ingredients - not nearly as soul-satisfying as quilting, but then once it's done I feel really good (and I reward myself with extra quilting.)

I am on day three of keeping my carbs down.  I have found that keeping something by the sewing machine to work on when the urge to nosh hits is a good distraction.  I have also started switching to water after my morning gunga cup of coffee. (I am sure it holds at least 20 oz)



Now to tackle the inventory


No comments: