God Bless Our Troops
On the lowcarb front:
No workout this morning, I'm doing Grandma duty. That is one tough job, that is. I am down 2.8 since last Monday so the downward trend is official. The sticks are turning purple and the summer stretches before me in all of its glory.

On the home front:
I am almost finished with the lover's knot placemat that I started Saturday. I took my time with this one because no matter how carefully I measure and cut, I am forever tugging to get seams and corners to match up.



Word of the day:

Matthew 7:1-5
Jesus said to the crowds, "Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbour's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbour, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbour's eye."

Reflections from the cornfield:
Isn't is odd how clearly we can see the faults of others, but can be totally blind to those same faults in ourselves? There is a name for that. It's called projection. I often wonder if that speck we see in someone else's eye is not, in fact, the reflection of the the log in our own eye. Lately I have found that it takes all of my energy just to keep my own life in order. If each of us did that, wouldn't the world be in much better order? That is so much easier said than done. It is much easier to look outward and criticize and judge others than it is to face our own faults. If each of us spent our energies being the best child of God that we can be, there wouldn't be much time left over for judging other people's efforts now would there?

God bless the troops

No comments: