God Bless Our Troops

Sun June 22, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
I'm down 2.6 for the week. Made up the lost ground from last week. I'm headed out for a walk/run. Will update later.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from my walk. Yes, it was a walk. I am so out of shape.
Got out on the road at 8:00 and walked for 30 minutes
Average heart rate: 123

Maximum heart rate: 132
Calories burned: 226

It was a beautiful walk. My route is on a country road and heads east to a deadend. I could see lots of deer tracks along the way. There is corn planted in those fields this year. Come fall, someone will be feasting on corn-fed venison. Every now and then I will meet a deer on the route. I could never imagine going back to city living. I have now lived more years in the country than I did in the city.

Went to an anniversary party yesterday. I missed dinner due to having to play for Mass at 4:30. Breathing a sigh of relief, I sat down, armed with my huge mug of diet A&W, to visit with relatives. There was a soft serve ice cream machine and a commercial popcorn popper. Dinner had been cleared away. Within a half an hour, the table was loaded down with desserts. I couldn't tell you what all was there because I put blinders on at that point.

Today we have the huge Moeggenborg/Moeggenberg reunion. All three of the main branches of the family will be there. I will again miss dinner due to Sunday Mass so I should be good to go for the day. I'll eat before I head out there and I shouldn't need to even go near the table.

Word of the day:

Matthew 10:26-33

Jesus said to the Twelve:“Fear no one. Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known. What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul;r ather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge. Even all the hairs of your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father. But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father.”

Reflections from the cornfield:

In the beginning,
the Word,
the world,
humanity
seeking to be God,
sin

God
becoming human,
Jesus,
descent into the . . .
ordinary,
ordinal,
numbered,
counted,
the sparrows,
the hairs on our heads,
the days of our lives.
(from The Tarantella Dancers - copyright 2000 - Mary A. Moeggenborg)




God bless the troops

No comments: