God Bless Our Troops

Monday, July 21, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
A good indicator that someone is flailing in their journey is when they don't post on their blog or on support boards. I am no different. In a few minutes I will post my weekly results for yesterday. My daughter and daughter-in-law both called me on my failure to update. If this blog is going to be of any use, the ups and the downs both need to be posted. I am giving the Glycemic Load plan another shot. My mood is terrible because I know that whatever plan I follow - it ain't gonna work if I ain't on board. It's that simple. And last week I just wasn't on board. I could give all kinds of excuses, but that's all it would be - excuses. There really isn't any excuse. I would, however, like to find the reason. I just don't know why I can go along and do great and then just drop it all.
Anyway, the Glycemic Load plan is pretty close to the Atkins Maintenance plan. So I'm going to try that for a bit. My immediate goal at the moment is to recover all of my lost ground. I am hoping that with the addition of fruit and yogurt, I may find it easier to stay on track. We shall see.

I haven't worked out yet today because when I got up this morning, my right knee was hurting - a sharp pain. I am guessing that it is rebelling at the amount of weight I am asking it to carry.
(My timer is going off so I will update later)

God bless the troops!

No comments: