God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
My stats for today:
Type: walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back/tree in Brown's field/back
Time: 31 minutes
Average heart rate: 124
Maximum heart rate: 144
Calories burned: 243
I’m down .8 from last Tuesday
I got out on the road at about 8:45 this morning. I am pleased at how consistent I have been on getting that in. What I am not happy about is my constant straying from my food plan. I will go along, doing well, feeling great and then these niggling voices creep in. The smart thing to do would be to ignore them, but I don't. I start bargaining, thinking I can have it both ways with food and before I know it I am back in the dirt. I don't know what I would do without the lowcarb bloggers and other online support because they at least inspire me to get back up and try yet again. There are days I wish I could just get up and not have to fight this constant battle. But then I think about peo
ple who health issues over which they have no control and I feel like a whiney baby. So I am going to stop whining and do what needs to be done. (I am typing all of this for the second time because the page crashed and none of it had been saved.)

On the home/business front:
Got absolutely nothing done today. I have to do another batch of tarts, but I have to wait for the pour pot to come out of the dishwasher.

The soap I made las
t night was vanilla. Vanilla fragrance oil, depending on how much is in a blend, turns soap brown. Straight vanilla turns soap a dark chocolate brown. It's interesting because the raw soap goes into the mold a lovely beige and over time turns darker. When I cut a cured bar, it is light on the inside but as the air gets to it it turns dark again. It's funny to watch people pick it up expecting it to smell like chocolate. My newest batch isn't quite as dark as the one in the picture, but it will be soon.


I had a funeral to play for this morning. Then I watched grandkids which really meant I played with grandkids because that's much more fun that doing anything else. Then our financial guy came over so now here it is after 7 pm and I have no stockings done or tarts made so I am going to get my tush downstairs and get those tarts made.


Word of the day:
Matthew 11:20-24
Then Jesus began to reproach the cities in which most of his deeds of power had been done, because they did not repent. "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the deeds of power done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, on the day of judgment it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? No, you will be brought down to Hades. For if the deeds of power done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you that on the day of judgment it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom than for you."

Thoughts from the cornfield:
To whom much is given, much is expected. Let those who have ears, hear.


God bless the troops!

No comments: