God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, July 17, 2008

On the lowcarb front:
It is going to be a hot one again today. I knew that as soon as I woke up drenched in sweat. Immediately the voice of self-sabotage began. I need to give this voice a name. Let's see, how about Mary Ann. Mary Ann is what I was called as a child. That's what this voice is - it's the immature part of me that wants to have its own way all the time. It wants to skip the hard work and go straight to the reward. Mary Ann is not bad or evil - she is just immature and needy. So here is how the conversation went this morning.

Mary Ann: It's too hot to workout today. Let's wait until tomorrow.
Me: Nope, I didn't workout yesterday and I don't want that pattern to get started.
Mary Ann: But I don't feel like working out.
Me: It's not about what I feel like doing - it's about what I need to be doing. It isn't even the working out that I don't like - it's the getting started. Today I am going to do a video workout - Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. It's not the toughest workout, but it really is too warm and humid to go out.

Here is where I quit arguing with Mary Ann. Here is where I have to be the big girl. I am off to the living room.
My stats for today:
Type: WATP video
Time: 30 minutes
Average heart rate: 112
Maximum heart rate: 127
Calories burned: 181
I’m up 1 from last Thursday
Wow, it's been a while since I did one of these videos. I used to zip through them like nothing. I felt like I was working a lot harder than my numbers would indicate. This might be a good strength training workout for now - I could really feel my muscles.

The other day I noticed that I was getting a lot of traffic from Jimmy Moore's blog. I headed over there to see what was what. He mentioned my blog on his list. I was thrilled and flattered. He is one of my lowcarb heroes. Thanks, Jimmy!!!

Update: Speaking of Jimmy, I just visited his blog. Please continue to keep his family in prayer regarding his brother Kevin. Now Jimmy's dad is scheduled for quintuple bypass surgery. Prayers comin' your way, Jimmy and Christine!

On the home/business front:
Kelli just emailed me this pic of Claire that was taken at their house on Sam's birthday. She is wearing the tissue paper from one of Sam's birthday gifts. (Altogether now - Awwwwwwwwww!!!!)










I just finished 2 stockings. I am running out of green yarn and have to re-stock. I am way behind for the day. Now I have to head off to the school to do a couple hours of inventory. I can't wait until that's done. I would go nuts if it wasn't for being able to listen to online radio while I work. I was tempted to blow it off for today, but I do have to get it finished before the students come back. It's not hard work - it's just dusty and it irritates my nose. I have a wedding rehearsal tonight and our weekly cantor rehearsal. We had to reschedule it because of high winds and hail last night. Then I head over to Anna's to pick up some labels and then home to make 2 more stockings and a batch of jar candles.

Word of the day:
Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus said, "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Whenever I read or hear this passage, it brings to mind the lovely aria from Messiah - He Shall Feed His Flock. So many times in the Gospels Jesus invites us to rest in him. In fact, the whole of the new testament and Jesus' mission on earth could be summed up in the above passage. So why do we struggle? It all comes back to a need for faith and a willingness to "let go and let God."

God bless the troops!

No comments: