God Bless Our Troops

Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Friday. Fridays are my scheduled "non-workout" days. I've been reading an e-book by Wendy Chant called "Crack the Fat-Loss Code." I made the mistake of ordering this as an e-book. I thought I would be able to print out the fundamentals, but no, if I want to read it, I am tied to my computer. That ticks me off, especially after I found out I could have ordered it off of Amazon and had a real book to hold in my hands. Anyway, this is an 8 week program that starts off like Atkins Induction on steroids. This is to deplete the glycogen stores. After that it has one cycling carbs. That's probably a poor description but there are some really good reviews on Amazon (where I wish I had gone to begin with.) I will be investigating this further. I'm unsure about that first week for me because of low blood sugar issues.
***************************************************
I now have 32 boxes of fudge made for the craft show. I also got my jars grunged last night but I am still waiting for my wicks.
I'm off to get ready for Mass . . . .
***************************************************

Now, it is not my intention for this to be a political blog. The video I am posting comes not from my political views, but from my core beliefs as a Christian. If you have differing views and wish to disagree, please be respectful.






Word of the day:

Friday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 8:1-3
Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another,
preaching and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Accompanying him were the Twelve
and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,
Joanna, the wife of Herod’s steward Chuza,
Susanna, and many others
who provided for them out of their resources.

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Yeah, well, someone had to cook. Just kidding.
Actually, this passage should tend to dispute the theory that Mary Magdalene was the "sinful woman" referred to elsewhere in the gospels and in Dan Brown's book.

And then there is this, " . . . and many others who provided for them out of their resources. "
Remember this passage the next time Father talks about stewardship or the CSA.


God bless our troops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read Gianna's book, she is an amazing woman!!