God Bless Our Troops

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Okay, so I get up this morning needing to do a load of wash and when the washer is filled, the water is yellow. A quick peek at the water softener confirms my suspicions. There is no salt in it. Putting it in now won't help because it has to regenerate. I have a dishwasher full of dishes that have a film all over them. I am not a happy camper. And I actually woke up in a good mood. I love Thursdays because I have no morning meetings, no evening meetings, I can come home from work and do things I like to do. Oh well, enough that. If my only problem in life is an occasional day of hard water, I am pretty blessed.
************************************************
If my wicks get here, I will be making candles tonight. These are special grungy fall candles. I scrounge around the fruit room in the basement for grungy old canning jars. I bring them upstairs - give them a good scrub, put them in the dishwasher and then take them back downstairs and coat them with grunge solution so they will look just like they did when I brought them upstairs. Except that now they smell great. Then I fill them with wax scented with my own special blend of fragrances which we have named Harvest Home. There's nothing like making a batch of candles or soap to lift one's spirits.
****************************************************
Our online ad is now out at Country Sampler and it looks really nice. http://www.countrysampler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CN08G009%2D01
I hope we do well with it. I am getting more and more disillusioned with Ebay. Their new rules and regulations putting all the power in the hands of the buyers and no protections for the seller are driving sellers away.
****************************************************************
I have 3 batches of fudge made for the craft shows and 3 more to do this week. We have our first outdoor show coming up. There was a craft show in St. John's last weekend and it rained buckets. I feel bad for the crafters. Our show is October 4 and it's clear in our contract that there will be no rain dates.
**************************************************
I'm headed for the walk/jog path on another gorgeous pre-fall day! Updates later.

My stats for today:
Type: Walk/jog
Route: Deadend/back/loop/back
Time: 31 mine
Average heart rate: 118
Maximum heart rate:
134
Calories burned: 200
Down 1.6 from last Thursday

There's nothing like a brisk walk/jog to improve anyone's frame of mind. Today's was wonderful. On my route, the left side of the path is a wall of corn. In another few weeks it will be gone. Hunting season approaches. My route will change a little bit then. I will either head west down our road or north on Old 27. Even with my orange fleece jacket, I don't want to take any chances.

************************************************************************
Word of the day:

Thursday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 7:36-50

A certain Pharisee invited Jesus to dine with him,
and he entered the Pharisee’s house and reclined at table.
Now there was a sinful woman in the city
who learned that he was at table in the house of the Pharisee.
Bringing an alabaster flask of ointment,
she stood behind him at his feet weeping
and began to bathe his feet with her tears.
Then she wiped them with her hair,
kissed them, and anointed them with the ointment.
When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this he said to himself,
“If this man were a prophet,
he would know who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him,
that she is a sinner.”
Jesus said to him in reply,
“Simon, I have something to say to you.”
“Tell me, teacher,” he said.
“Two people were in debt to a certain creditor;
one owed five hundred days’ wages and the other owed fifty.
Since they were unable to repay the debt, he forgave it for both.
Which of them will love him more?”
Simon said in reply,
“The one, I suppose, whose larger debt was forgiven.”
He said to him, “You have judged rightly.”
Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon,
“Do you see this woman?
When I entered your house, you did not give me water for my feet,
but she has bathed them with her tears
and wiped them with her hair.
You did not give me a kiss,
but she has not ceased kissing my feet since the time I entered.
You did not anoint my head with oil,
but she anointed my feet with ointment.
So I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven;
hence, she has shown great love.
But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little.”
He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
The others at table said to themselves,
“Who is this who even forgives sins?”
But he said to the woman,
“Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Not much to say about this one this morning, except that I am supremely grateful for forgiveness and mercy.



God bless our troops!

No comments: