Christmas 2015

Christmas 2015
God Bless Our Troops

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.

Click on the cabin below to see our family website.
We love what we do!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today is a carb up day which means I have 2 starches or sweets with the last 2 meals.
No workout today, maybe later tonight in front of the TV. I have way too much work to do. I took today off as a mental health day because I am so backed up I need the day to catch up and not go crazy.

Word of the day:
Thursday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel

Lk 12:49-53
Jesus said to his disciples:
“I have come to set the earth on fire,
and how I wish it were already blazing!
There is a baptism with which I must be baptized,
and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished!
Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth?
No, I tell you, but rather division.
From now on a household of five will be divided,
three against two and two against three;
a father will be divided against his son
and a son against his father,
a mother against her daughter
and a daughter against her mother,
a mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
With all real change comes pain - even when change is for the good. In essence, change is death to old ways and birth to new. Eight years ago I quit smoking. This was certainly a change for the good, but even though I knew how bad smoking was for me and the people around me, it was still a death of sorts. It was a a good 3 years or so before I quit mourning the loss of that life quenching addiction. I saw myself as a smoker who didn't smoke. The catalyst for the change came with my quitting, but the change itself didn't truly reach fulfillment until 3 years later - it was an evolutionary process. The story is the same with all of those things in our lives that we must change. There is pain involved - but the greater joy awaits. This is Jesus' message.


God bless our troops!

No comments: