God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday - October 22, 2001 - Carb Down day

Today is another carb down day. As of last night I was in ketosis. I don't know if that is Wendy's intention, but there it is.

I was busy last night again with stockings. I timed it so I could be sewing them up while watching Biggest Loser. Vicky on the blue team irritates the heck out of me. I don't think she's there for the right reasons, and any weight she loses, I predict, she will not keep off. I noticed her the week that Ed from the original yellow team weighed in with a 0 weight loss. The camera caught her face and she had a smug smile on it. That caught my attention and I have watched her ever since. She is all game-play. I know that she has an alliance with Heba, but if I were Heba, I would watch my back very closely. Heba irritates me too, there is something about Vicky that sets my teeth on edge. Three of my favorites have already been sent home - Ed, Shallay, and Amy P. They were three very nice people. Of the batch that's left, I am rooting for Colleen, Amy C, Michelle, and Renee - pretty much in that order.

Today is a weight training day. The guys are in the field and I have some soup that I need to keep an eye on so I think I will be doing a workout video.

Daily stats:
Type: Video with weights

Route: WATP - Leslie Sansone
Time: 31 minutes
Average heart rate: 111

Max heart rate: 128
Down .6
from last Wednesday (whoo hoo!)

Word of the day:
Wednesday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 12:39-48
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Be sure of this:
if the master of the house had known the hour
when the thief was coming,
he would not have let his house be broken into.
You also must be prepared,
for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.”

Then Peter said,
“Lord, is this parable meant for us or for everyone?”
And the Lord replied,
“Who, then, is the faithful and prudent steward
whom the master will put in charge of his servants
to distribute the food allowance at the proper time?
Blessed is that servant whom his master on arrival finds doing so.
Truly, I say to you, he will put him
in charge of all his property.
But if that servant says to himself,
‘My master is delayed in coming,’
and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants,
to eat and drink and get drunk,
then that servant’s master will come
on an unexpected day and at an unknown hour
and will punish the servant severely
and assign him a place with the unfaithful.
That servant who knew his master’s will
but did not make preparations nor act in accord with his will
shall be beaten severely;
and the servant who was ignorant of his master’s will
but acted in a way deserving of a severe beating
shall be beaten only lightly.
Much will be required of the person entrusted with much,
and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
If we truly love God, and truly want to do His will, the above admonition is not necessary - we are already doing the will of God. I've written before about a friend of mine who owns a t-shirt that says, "Jesus is coming - Look busy." Yes, it's good for a few laughs, but how much better it would be if we were truly busy when Jesus came - because he sees it all, you know.


God bless our troops!

No comments: