God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am so ridiculously behind, but in a way that's a good thing. The stocking orders are still rolling in so my evenings have been spent in my quilting room. We have a craft show on Saturday, so I have 3 batches of fudge and 2 batches of snack mix to make. I'm so glad we got a head start on our stockings this summer. I never did get the grungy candles made last night, but I will tonight. Laundry is behind because the dryer fixer guy is finding a motor for it. Soooooooo, I went down to Melisa's last night and used her dryer for an urgent white load. My little buddies, Clay and Claire were just finishing up their supper. Clay informed me that he eats everything his mom and dad give him to eat. (okay, even Grandma doesn't believe that one.)

Grandma: So you eat vegetables too?
Clay: I don't eat lots of vengables, but I eat my favorite vengable.

His favorite "vengable" . . . pickles

Clairy-bear, as she usually does, ran and got a book and dragged Grandma over to the rocker. Clay was close behind her with his book. When I read to the kids, Claire always puts her hand on my cheek. Clay informed me that no matter how big he gets, he will always be my grandson.

Today is a carb down day which means 1 starch before 3:00 pm

Daily stats:
Type:
Walk/jog
Route: Deadend and back
Time: 26 min
Average heart rate:
121
Max heart rate: 137
Down 3.6
from last Tuesday (whoo hoo!)

(Marlene, if you're reading, I thought of you on the walk this morning. At one section of the patch I swear I could smell vanilla bean noel. LOL!)

Word of the Day:
Tuesday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time
Gospel
Lk 12:35-38
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Gird your loins and light your lamps
and be like servants who await their master’s return from a wedding,
ready to open immediately when he comes and knocks.
Blessed are those servants
whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival.
Amen, I say to you, he will gird himself,
have them recline at table, and proceed to wait on them.
And should he come in the second or third watch
and find them prepared in this way,
blessed are those servants.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
In this passage, Jesus once again turns our preconceptions upside down. He compares us to servants who await their masters' return. And what would one expect to happen upon the return of the master? Would we ever expect him to tell us to have a seat and then proceed to wait on us? If Jesus can do this for us, why can't we do it for each other? But then, some do, don't they? God bless our troops!

No comments: