God Bless Our Troops

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - Cycle 1 - day 7

Today is the last day of Cycle 1. It seems to be doing what it's supposed to do since I am down 8.2 pounds since I began cycle 1. I did some more reading in the book last night and apparently I have not been doing cycle one as Wendy wrote it. Farther on in the book I found the meal plans. It would have been nice if those pages had been up front where the plan was outlined. But I think that staying under 20 carbs was the most important factor in depleting glycogen and I did that so I am going to move on to cycle 2 tomorrow. It's a little more complicated so I am just going to take it one day at a time. I am finding myself having arguments with Mary Ann each evening. She shows up about 7 o'clock and starts her stuff. I have been hanging tough and each day when I see the scale drop - and more importantly, when I feel so great - it makes it easier to ignore her.
*******************************************************
(Kelli, I am going to talk about Biggest Loser so you may want to skip this part until you see the tape.)

So Jerry went home last night. I was amazed to find tears rolling down my cheeks as he and Coleen discussed which of them should leave. Each selflessly thought the other should stay. I was pulling for Coleen to stay because Jerry looked so sick that I didn't figure he would last more than another week anyway, plus his pulled hamstring would be an impediment. I figure that with Jerry gone, Coleen would dig in that much harder. It was wonderful to see him in the "see the contestants as they are today" segment. He looked so much healthier. I was really afraid that he was going to drop dead during the challenge. I'm not finding myself as excited about this season. I find myself missing Ali and Betty-sue, Jackie and Dan, and even Mark and Jay. That was such a charismatic grouping of contestants.
**********************************************
Life is ramping up on me. I have a rehearsal tonight, a staff meeting tomorrow morning followed a funeral, work at school, a wake service tomorrow night - which means the girls are going to have to load up the craft show fixtures without me, then I have Mass on Friday morning followed by another funeral, work at school, and setup for the craft show Friday night. Saturday is the craft show which I will have to leave early to do a wedding followed by Mass. Then I get a break - hopefully.

Type: Treadmill and weights

Route: Exercise room
Time: 31 minutes
Average heart rate: 121
Maximum heart rate: 148

Down 7.2 from last Wednesday (whoo hoo!)

Word of the day:
Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, virgin and doctor of the Church
Gospel
Lk 9:57-62
As Jesus and his disciples were proceeding on their journey, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” Jesus answered him, “Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.” And to another he said, “Follow me.” But he replied, “Lord, let me go first and bury my father.” But he answered him, “Let the dead bury their dead. But you, go and proclaim the Kingdom of God.” And another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to my family at home.” Jesus answered him, “No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. Put your money where your mouth is.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. It's all about priorities.

God bless our troops!

No comments: