God Bless Our Troops

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I sure could use a couple more snow days. I did get a lot done yesterday, but it's hard to tell. I still need to get the scarecrow and corn shock off of the front lawn. I have some lighted garlands coming so that stuff needs to be out of there soon.

My back is still stiff today, but not nearly as bad as it was. That's a good thing because tonight I have to move everything out of the front hall and I have to empty the fridge. We have a new fridge coming tomorrow and because of the way our house is set up, it has to come through the front door.

I finished all of the stocking orders and they go out this morning. I worked on our simmering potpourri last night as I have several orders to package up and send out. In less than 3 weeks, I will be doing the website as my other job. I will miss the school, but it will be nice to do the kind of things I really love. I miss quilting. I have several projects started that I have not had time to get to. Several of them were Christmas quilts.

Word of the day:
Tuesday of the First Week of Advent
Gospel

Lk 10:21-24

Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said,
“I give you praise, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
for although you have hidden these things
from the wise and the learned
you have revealed them to the childlike.
Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will.
All things have been handed over to me by my Father.
No one knows who the Son is except the Father,
and who the Father is except the Son
and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.”

Turning to the disciples in private he said,
“Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.
For I say to you,
many prophets and kings desired to see what you see,
but did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it.”

Thoughts from the cornfield:
There is a bit of irony in Jesus' words because although the disciples saw and heard, they were often blind and deaf to what was really going on. Even now, knowing what we know about Jesus, we often don't see or hear either.


God bless our troops!

No comments: